Utah Shelters

The shelters listed below are only in Utah.  If you need placement closer to where you live, please contact us.  If you need a long-term shelter and treatment program for SRA, please call us at 801-440-3954.

For shelters listed below, survivors must call each shelter themselves to apply for emergency housing.  We can not do this for survivors as this is a matter of policy for these shelters  Shelter is not guaranteed and is dependent on availability.  Survivors are encouraged to call each shelter every day to get a spot.  Do not show up at a shelter expecting placement.  Call first before you go.  We do not recommend that you go to a co-ed facility if you are female unless it’s absolutely necessary.  

Call the Homeless Services Line 801-990-9999 or the Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Line 801-444-9161 for further assistance.

Short Term Shelters (5 days to 1 month)Long Term Shelters (1 month+)
Geraldine E King Resource Center (women only)
(First come, first serve/day-by-day)
131 E 700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Young Women’s Christian Association
YWCA – Salt Lake City 801-537-8600
YWCA – Ogden 801-392-7273
YMCA – Kaysville 801-464-9161
YCC – Must be in immediate danger
Women’s facility
Ogden, UT
Utah Community Action
Lantern House
Ogden, UT
Co-ed facility.  Not recommended for women.
New Hope Crisis Center
Co-ed facility (not recommended for women)
Brigham City, UT
 Ogden Women’s Rescue Mission
(focused on those with addition)
Ogden, UT
 Peace House
Park City, UT
Domestic Violence Shelter
  SLC Women’s Rescue Mission
(primarily for those with addiction)
Salt Lake City, UT
 South Valley Resources
Rarely has availability
West Valley, UT
 Safe Harbor
Layton, UT

The Safe House Project
Nationwide network
Virginia Beach, VA 

Rental Assistance in Utah

Client must first find an apartment and get a signed lease and submit that with their income statement and identification.  They can not have applied to this program before.  If approved they will get 6 months of rent paid directly to the landlord along with the deposit.  They can also apply for utility assistance. utahca.org/housing/.  After 6 months, you may reapply but there is no guarantee you’ll get an extension.  You must be able by then to pay for your rent in full.  This means you need to be employable by the end of the rental term.  If this isn’t possible, we advise that you go into a long term program.  Call 801-359-2444.

Scroll to Top